Voice over IP (VOIP) offers many benefits. For some firms, it's a way to reduce costs, as they can run voice over their existing data network.
For others, it can improve customer service, by providing cost-effective inter-office connectivity, and providing their clients with one point of
contact. Still other offices benefit from the increased functionality of VOIP-based phones systems, with call center features, better call handling,
and tighter integration of voice, video, e-mail, and data.
Voice over IP provides the reliability of conventional PBX systems while offering greater functionality at a lower cost.
The convergence of voice and data allows for substantial advantages.
Benefits of Voice over IP
- Answers all of your voice and data needs with a single wiring system
- IP telephones can be moved from one LAN connection in your office to another and retain their identity with no
reprogramming or rewiring required
- Browser-based tools allow you to change system settings, manage the directory, or modify extension user profiles
- Allows for PC desktop programming of IP telephones
- With high speed data access and a built-in LAN, everyone in your organization can have high speed, shared access to
database information, applications, and the Internet
- Integrates your PC, PDA, and IP telephone to increase productivity
- Can minimize long distance telephone charges by running voice over your existing network
- Unified messaging — Allows E-mails and voice mails to be viewed in one seamless inbox.
- Advanced hunt groups — Customers always find a voice within your office.
- Auto forward — Allows a desk phone to forward a call to a home phone, cell phone or pager unbeknownst to the caller.
IT Connect offers a complete range of ShoreTel and Avaya Communication platforms designed to meet the needs of any business and
provide the tools to improve productivity and efficiency for a tangible return on investment.